Future World School – FWS Pakistan is the Project of Roots Millennium Schools Pakistan and is Pakistan’s first concept based, skills centric, pedagogy driven and technology enabled 21st century iconic school.
Future World School provides students with a new learning experience where technology blends seamlessly into a modern broad-based curriculum, facilitated by fully equipped classrooms and IT suites. Teachers combine quality teaching practices with the increasingly available contemporary education technologies to create a student centred, flexible and self-paced approach to learning.
We believe education is more about learning than about teaching, more about the student than about the teacher. The challenge for leaders and teachers therefore is to allow students to develop own ideas and let them stretch their imaginations, so that they are ready to be innovators and inventors rather than mere improvisers and passive recipients.
FWS incorporates the best educational programmes available in the world, including the International Baccalaureate, Roots Millennium School’s own proven Early Year, Primary Year and Middle Year programmes with a focus on interdisciplinary learning & Cambridge IGCSE, ‘O’ Levels and ‘A’ Levels.
At Future World School, we expect and demand high standards from all our students and staff, and we celebrate their achievements. FWS values its past and aims to build on its strengths by approaching new ideas with discernment as it continuously looks to the future.
We promote equal opportunities for all our students irrespective of gender, religious, social, ethnic or linguistic background. The Flagship Future World School at DHA Lahore, Phase 6 is a state of the art purpose built campus beautifully set on dreamland of 3 acres of land having numerous facilities for learners, teachers and community. The
Campus comprising blocks of building h house classrooms, laboratories 12 al resource rooms, staff rooms, offices and 4 11 other necessary accommodations needed all the school. FWS infra structural resourcessalo: includes swimming pool, multi purpose p area, auditorium, robotics lab, on campus gym, on campus cinema, sustainable green food cafe, early year learning centre, art and design studio, language centre, counseling and coaching centre, nursing & first aid room, campus store & roof top garden. The Campus boasts latest learning technologies & world class educational infrastructure to achieve the heights of success in academics and extracurricular activities.
Philosophy, Opportunity & Inspiration
Through learning, ‘inspire all to make a difference’; in defining our core purpose we have distilled many ideas, feelings and voices that make up our community. ‘Through learning’ we capture our endeavours to encourage lifelong learning in everything we do, and remain curious and motivated by the world we live in. To ‘inspire all to make a difference’ we express our collective desire to see and enable achievement as a personal goal. It embodies our drive to enrich and contribute positively to the people around us, both near and far.
We inspire our students to become successful lifelong learners and responsible global citizens. We promote high standards of scholarship and challenge all members of the community to fulfill their potential. Future World Schools educate students within a programme designed to develop their academic, social, emotional and physical potential. The foundation of our curricular and instructional practice is based upon our respect for the unique learning styles of students, and an understanding of the needs of the internationally mobile child. The engaging and reflective learning environment of our small classes fosters the development of the child as an enthusiastic lifelong learner. The school promotes high standards of scholarship, responsibility, and citizenship in a supportive, international community. We implement a developmental, student-centered approach to instruction following an inquiry-based interdisciplinary curriculum. We at Millennium Schools believe in educating through our holistic approach as we:
- Promote the acquisition of knowledge, and the development of creative and critical thinking skills with a focus on personal excellence.
- Encourage students to become independent and confident learners.
- Foster the concept of learning as a process, and promote self-reflection as part of this process.
- Encourage active involvement in community service both locally and internationally.
- Promote participation in the arts, and appreciation of the aesthetic aspects of life.
- Develop an understanding of, and a respect for, different languages and cultures.
- Integrate students with special needs and those studying English as an additional language into the school programme, with the resources available.
- Integrate information literacy into learning.
- Develop cooperative skills through collaborative, activity-based learning.
- Foster respect for self and others, as well as for the natural, and created environments.
- Nurture an abiding sense of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Promote and teach the values associated with healthy living, encouraging a lifelong enjoyment of physical activity.
- Provide opportunities for social and emotional growth.
- Encourage students to become responsible, contributing citizens of the school, and the world.
- Prepare students for success at the next stage of formal education, including admission to competitive universities throughout the world.
Future World Schools is a reflective organisation. We strive for constant improvement by actively soliciting input from staff, students, parents, external agencies, and academic research. RMS provides teachers with opportunities for continuous professional development, as we believe education is a lifelong process. Our schools encourage parents to understand, and become advocates of our educational practices.
FWS Mission Statement
FWS aims to be a global school committed to meet the needs and ambitions of a diverse range of students by providing challenging academic programmes underpinned by globally accredited qualifications, social diversity, academic excellence and entrepreneurial centered achievement. Future World Schools aim is to bring out the best in a child/student mentally, intellectually, academically, physically & culturally by developing the attitudes, skills, knowledge and values in the students, thus required to meet the Global Challenges as Millennials in the 21st century through advancements in our school curriculum, teaching pedagogy, School culture, learning environment and enabling technology.”